We’re running a competition on Instagram to find the Biggest Australian Football League Fans in Europe.
It’s time to get in your favourite team’s colours, put on some face paint and get creative as you’ve got just two weeks to share a video to Instagram showing us why you are one of the biggest AFL fans in Europe, for the chance to win 1 of 18 AFL International Digital Memberships.
Your video must be shared to your Instagram account as a post and include the tag @AFLEurope as well as the hashtag #BiggestAFLFansEurope. Ensure your account is on public so that we can see and validate your entry!
AFL Europe will be judging all entries on the level of creativity and passion for your favourite club that is shown in the video, but keep them short and sharp! We’d like videos submitted to be less than 15 seconds.
Thanks to the support of all 18 AFL clubs, there are 18 AFL International Digital Memberships (one for a fan of each AFL team entering the competition) to be won. An AFL International Digital Membership allows you to become an official member of your club and will give you access to live stream the 2021 AFL season through Watch AFL.
Your video submission into the competition must clearly be towards one (your favourite) AFL team. Submissions into the competition will be judged alongside the other submissions of the same AFL team.
Once the competition ends on Sunday, 7th March 11:59PM (GMT), the team at AFL Europe will judge and narrow down the best 36 submissions (two for each team).
Then, the top two entries for each AFL team will be shared to our Instagram Story (for 24 hours each) in the week of Monday 8th, March to let our followers vote on their favourite submissions and ultimately decide who are the Biggest AFL Fans in Europe.
Please read the full terms & conditions below before you share or submit your video.
Terms & Conditions
- Entry into the competition commences from its announcement on Monday 22nd February 2021 and ends at Sunday 7th March 2021 11:59PM GMT.
- The Biggest AFL Fans in Europe competition is run by AFL Europe and by no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Youtube.
- Entry into the competition is open for anyone with a valid Instagram account that is aged 16 years and older however you must be a European resident or a resident of an AFL Europe participating country for your submission to be eligible to win.
- An Entrants submission towards the competition must be a video uploaded to a valid Instagram account and include the tag @AFLEurope as well as hashtag #BiggestAFLFansEurope in the caption/post description.
- A video submission can be in any language and must be towards one (Entrants favourite) AFL team. You may include or tag the AFL team your video is submitted towards for clarification. Please keep submissions less than 15 seconds.
- Entrants Instagram accounts must be set to ‘public’ for the duration of the competition (so we can see and validate your entry) to be eligible to win.
- AFL Europe will judge and determine the best two submissions from each team (36 in total) based on the level of creativity and passion shows towards the Entrants favourite AFL team. An Entrants submission will therefore be judged against other Entrants submissions of the same AFL team.
- Once AFL Europe determines the top 36 video submissions, the final 18 (one winner for each AFL team) will be decided via a fan vote through AFL Europe’s Instagram Story @AFLEurope in the week of Monday 8th March 2021. Voting will last 24 hours for each. Should the votes of two videos end in a tie after 24 hours, AFL Europe will decide the winner through a random draw.
- There will be one winning video submission for each AFL team (18 in total). Should there be no submissions towards any AFL team, a winner for that AFL team will not be selected.
- Each winner will be contacted by AFL Europe via direct message on the valid Instagram account used for the submission. Winning submissions will also be shared across AFL Europe’s social media platforms and website.
- Should an Entrant submit multiple videos to the same or different AFL teams, AFL Europe will only judge their first submission as eligible to win.
- By entering the competition, Entrants agree to allow AFL Europe to share their submission video via our social media and with the AFL club their submission is associated with for advertising/social media purposes.
- AFL Europe reserve the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not follow stated contest rules, and is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- AFL Europe will not knowingly collect any information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age you must not submit any personal information to us unless you are being supervised by a parent or guardian or have their direct consent.
- Due to the busy schedule of AFL teams leading into Round 1, and with the competition set to finish within that lead up, there may be a short delay for winners in receiving their prize.