General Manager Position
AFL Europe is currently taking applications for the role of General Manager. Please find below further information regarding the role.
Job title: General Manager
Salary: £35k + additional commission opportunities available
The Australian Football League (AFL) is Australia’s premier sporting organisation, supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years. AFL Europe are the governing body of the sport in Europe and are currently seeking applicants for the role of General Manager – AFL Europe. The General Manager will work with the AFL Europe Commission, Member and Affiliate Countries and the Australian Football League to deliver on the strategy of AFL Europe and drive the growth of the sport across Europe. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Manage the business affairs of AFL Europe including supporting the Commercial Manager in generating revenue outcomes and viable investment allocations in line with agreed business development initiatives;
- Provide leadership and guidance to secure grants and funding;
- Manage communications and generate content on the website, social media and e-newsletters;
- Investigate broadcast opportunities across Europe to increase exposure and potential revenues;
- Maintain relationships with Patron Prince Charles office to maximise publicity opportunities;
- Create new and sustainable revenue streams;
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other appropriate bodies to develop the global brand;
- Prepare and manage the annual budget process;
- Manage the AFL Europe Talent Program to recruit professionals to expand European operations;
- Prepare reports and recommendations in relation to marketing and sales initiatives for senior management.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a Professional Sporting environment; particularly AFL is advantageous,with proven strategic planning and implementation capabilities, commercial business development skills and leadership qualities. You will have knowledge and experience of sports participation or community programs and an understanding of current trends and strategies with the ability to build relationships, financial management expertise and strong operational and administrative attributes.
If you meet the necessary requirements and would like to find out more about how to become part of AFL Europe then please forward your CV with a cover letter addressing the following points to AFL Europe Chairman Chris Dow, firstname.lastname@example.org;
1. What appeals to you about this role
2. How would you deliver against the 5 key accountabilities per the PD; Member services, Commercial, Talent, Marketing and Business Operations; noting prior skills you offer?
3. If successful when could you commence this role?
Closing date for applications will be Sunday 23rd October 2016 at midnight GMT.