The Jerusalem Peace Team Lions are back in for Euro Cup 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal. The Lions team manager, Avraham Benvenisty has provided us with an insight into their preparations leading up to this year’s tournament.
afleurope http://afleurope.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Untitled-design-3.png afleurope2016-10-06 16:51:502016-10-06 16:51:50Jerusalem Peace Team Lions - Euro Cup 16'
The Jerusalem Peace Team Lions are taking part in their 2nd European Championship!
This time, we’re coming to Lisbon!
The team was founded again a few months ago, with only 3 players that knew how to play the game (or that have even watched a game before), but recruitment brought us to the point of having 14 lads that know the rules, learned the game, and accomplished the goal of playing in the upcoming Euro Cup!
So… What did the team go through over the past few months?
– No pitch for the first week of training’s
– Fasting of players for a month of training
– No goals to practice properly
– No Footy shoes for some players
– 1 broken cheekbone, one broken back, several broken teeth
– Hard training’s and workouts
– Practice matches (and winning a tournament in Israel!)
– Raising $15,000 for the Euro Cup
– Jews, Muslims and Christians, all fighting together over one odd looking ball!
EURO CUP 2016 LISBON, HEAR THE LIONS ROAR!
The Lions kick off their 2016 tournament against the Irish Warriors at 10am before taking on France and Russia later in the day.