2013 is proving to be a very busy year for European Footy, and we’re proud to announce yet another end of season event to cater for clubs, teams and players who will not be participating in the Axios EuroCup in Bordeaux. Conscious of the desire for a packaged end of season Footy trip, we’ve teamed up with one of Europe’s premier warm weather sports resorts in the beautiful Algarve region of Portugal to launch the AFL Europe Algarve 9s.
- Tournament Registration.
- 2 Nights Accommodation.
- Complimentary Breakfasts.
- Tournament Draw & BBQ.
- Post Carnival Presentation & BBQ.
- Use of select on site sports facilities.
- Use of Jacuzzi, Sauna and Turkish Bath.
- Photo Library DVD of Event.
The package cost is €140 per person, and extras such as additional nights, Airport transfers and fun activities such as Paintball, Go Karting, Crazy Golf, Boat/Fishing Trips and Golf can be arranged on request. There are resort images below and more details can be found at www.browns-club.com
The tournament which will take place on Saturday September 14th in a blitz format, is open to a limited number of club or composite teams, with a maximum squad size of 15 and a minimum of 12, there will be no limit on the participation of Australian players.
Vilamoura is a short distance from Faro Airport, which is served by the following airlines and airports.
- Aer Lingus – Belfast, Cork & Dublin
- Air Berlin – Berlin-Tegel, Dusseldorf, Munich
- ArkeFly – Amsterdam
- British Airways – London Gatwick
- Easyjet – Belfast International, Bristol, Glasgow International, Liverpool, London Gatwick, London-Luton, London-Southend, Newcastle Upon Tyne and Paris-Orly.
- Jet2.com – East Midlands, Glasgow International, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- Lufthansa – Frankfurt, Munich.
- Monarch Airlines – Birmingham, East Midlands, Leeds/Bradford, London-Gatwick, London-Luton, Manchester.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle – Copenhagen, London-Gatwick, Oslo-Gardermoen, Stockholm-Arlanda
- Ryanair – Beauvais, Bristol, Cherleroi, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, Dublin, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Leeds/Bradford, Liverpool, London-Stansted, Manchester, Glasgow-Prestwick.
- TAP Portugal – Lisbon
- Transavia.com – Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Groningen
To secure your team’s place in the inaugural AFL Europe Algarve 9s, teams need to contact Stefan Uusitalo at the resort (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). Payment is made by the team in stages with 30%(€42pp) due on June 16th, once your team’s participation is confirmed, 30%(€42pp) due on July 16th and the remaining 40%(€54) payable on August 24th. You must stay at the resort in order to participate.